.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Muscat, Oman/ Bangalore, India

Round Peg....in a square hole. That describes me! All my life I have never quite fit in ... now I have just given up trying to live up to the expectations of the square hole or trying to find a round one!

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Sharing

I am in Bangalore now and using my Dad’s computer. It’s driving me crazy. I miss my computer. My settings. My bookmarks. Firefox. The way my e-mail is organized.

I now understand why the husband goes ‘Waugh…’ every time he is on my computer. His irritation at the ‘large’ number of icons on the task bar which ‘slows’ the computer. Or why Word does not have the blue background. And particularly over the ‘useless’ programmes I collect and like to use – I have this cool programme for instance, which simulates the tapping sounds of a manual typewriter which the husband thinks is absolutely juvenile.

How difficult is it for you to ‘adjust’ to another computer?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your computer !!!!!

Glad you now understand how I feel.

Yay !!!! I can reformat this computer to my needs.

6:41 AM, June 12, 2005  
Blogger Sukumar said...

It always happens.... I don't have a PC at my house and use my official one to post on my Blog, but the way I type pisses off all my colleagues. They'll comment that the keyboard would commit suicide in case it had some life in it. But, None can help... It is just the way we are accustomed to :-D

3:41 AM, June 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to say that made me laugh a lot, just to think of you bashing away at your puter when it is making the sound of a typewriter.

Where did you get the programme!

Your blog is fab

Stella

12:03 AM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger AkaRound Peg said...

Stella,

The software was a freebie I downloaded off the web. I love it!

Thanks for the compliments.. :)

12:29 AM, November 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home