.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Muscat, Oman/ Bangalore, India

Round Peg....in a square hole. That describes me! All my life I have never quite fit in ... now I have just given up trying to live up to the expectations of the square hole or trying to find a round one!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Lola Kutty

I chanced upon Lola Kutty on Channel V India yesterday and thought the show was hilarious.

With her typical Mallu hair-do and the deadly Malyali accent, she had me in splits and had the brat quite worried since he had not heard me guffaw in quite a while.

I can’t wait to see her side kick Alex who apparently wears fluorescent shirts, a lungi neatly folded upwards in half and rubber slippers to match the shirt. Apparently, he actually wore pink slippers to go with his shiny pink shirt!

The Lola Kutty series is as good as the Quick Gun Murugan spoofs that Channel V ran umpteen years ago. Its won a host of awards at the Promax/BDA India Awards both in 2004 and 2005. (I never knew this show has been around that long!)

This show is a must watch and the pity is I don’t know when it airs –vindia.com was not of much help.

However Lola is not a typical Malayali name. Biju, Bincy, Ciny, Jinu …… would have been more like it. But then after seeing the show you cant imagine Lola with any other name!

PS: And Google also threw up a letter in the Khaleej Times from a very aggrieved Mallu. Guess he can’t take a joke on himself or his brethren.

And Shobha De opines that with Lola Kutty the Mallus have arrived.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ramo said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...

I have blended tamil language in my posts and I'am surprised that being a banglorite you did not spot that...

Hey u r from Muscat...Sohar?
Nice to have a desi blogger from Muscat...cheers!

10:59 PM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger Niti Bhan said...

I liked reading this. My mallu classmates at NID used to call me "ambi kutty" for ambiguity. not a traidtional mallu name either :)

12:55 PM, October 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home