.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Muscat, Oman/ Bangalore, India

Round Peg....in a square hole. That describes me! All my life I have never quite fit in ... now I have just given up trying to live up to the expectations of the square hole or trying to find a round one!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Just want to talk

When the brat was at Al Shumus, I used to meet this guy (non-gulf Arab) coming into our building just as I was leaving armed with the brat, a snack box and assorted toys of the day. The brat would invariably wave out to him and we graduated to a pointed where we would greet each other – a smile, a nod, that’s all.

Then one day this guy thrust a visiting card towards me telling me I was welcome to call and talk anytime. After a few days of no phone calls from me, he asked me for my phone number. Just to talk he said.

I was at a supermarket the other day browsing at a counter which was being attended to by a salesman – Indian.

The salesman said he was getting additional stock soon and would be happy to call and let me know when that happened. Too polite to say no, I gave him my phone number as requested.

A few days later he called and I thanked him for the information about his new stock. He then asked me if he could call again. A bit riled, I asked why. ‘Simbly. Just like that. Just to talk’ was his answer.

Now what do I make of that?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh tell me about that! there are so many people who do that to me too... it used to leave me confused earlier.. but now? now i simbly say "No"... i dont do small talk!

That's it!

9:31 PM, September 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home