.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Muscat, Oman/ Bangalore, India

Round Peg....in a square hole. That describes me! All my life I have never quite fit in ... now I have just given up trying to live up to the expectations of the square hole or trying to find a round one!

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Move over Al Fair...

My heart leaps up when I behold. today's date on the AlMarai milk cans.

Move over Al Fair, Lulu Hypermarket here I come!!

When the brat used to go to Al Shumus, the Sarooj Al Fair was the logical place to stop and shop. Now that the brat has moved to TAISM, I decided to check out Lulu Hypermarket bang on the way for me and boy do I love it!!

I actually get fresh milk at this place. Skimmed and the regular variety. All the major brands stocked aplenty.

At Al Fair, getting today's milk at 9.30 in the morning was something like a rainbow in the desert. At Lulu, I get fresh milk at 8.30 in the morning and what is more I get shaded parking slots as well.

So its good bye to Al Fair. For my 'white goods' (milk, yoghurt, laban) purchases at least. However I reckon the bakery section of Al Fair still tops the list.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,

Good blog! I too live in Muscat and it is great to read about our own surroundings.

Regards
R. Sathyamurthy

6:32 AM, December 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home